Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Treat Bags

I am always looking for great ways to treat the kids in my son's class that involve very little sugar. I was looking on Lil Luna's blog & saw her post about GAK & Halloween playdough. Well that got my little wheels to turning & I had to figure out how to make something cute for my son's class with stuff I could find in Germany. German's don't generally celebrate Halloween, so finding Halloween stuff is hard to darn near impossible.  Fast forward a bit, my son loves my Cricut & I fear the thing since I don't really know how to use it properly. So while I was trying to find treat bags for the class treats, we passed the Cricut items & my son started his chant, "cut the paper, cut the paper." So I went on the hunt for Halloween scrapbook paper & came up with nada, nothing, zilch. So I came home & searched high & low for Cricut crafts for Halloween. I found Eleanor's blog with this cute .svg file for a treat bag & best of all it was FREE! This was so easy & simple to put together that my son even helped. I resized the image in SCAL so that it completely took up a 12 x 12 sheet of plain white cardstock. Then I took some scraps of yellow construction paper & glued it behind the ghosts eyes & mouths before assembling the bags. For the window, I just cut page protectors to fit in the space. Using double sided tape, I put the bags together & then filled with treats. My son & I made Halloween colored playdough from a recipe I've used with my daycare kids in the past & used that to fill most of the space in the bag & then added a few pieces of candy for that Halloween spirit.
treatbags2010

I'm sharing this post at the following linky parties:  Tools are for women too! , Paisley Passions, Allie Makes

Entertain Exchange

4 comments:

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

These are so cute and I bet your son loved being able to help. I'm sure they were a big hit. The paper chant cracks me up! :)

AllieMakes! said...

Those are SO cute! I am on the same page with the whole sugar business! Excellent job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Shell,
It's nice to meet you! Thank you for entering my giveaway, following along and for tweeting. You are so sweet to do that my friend. You're the best!

Happy Fall Blessings!
Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Emreen said...

Beautiful treat bags.. !!